View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 11:31 AM   #10
DETRoadster
Space Force - 4 Star General
Rep
Drives: M2 MG 6MT / Moto Guzzi V7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTinline-six View Post
It depends how much money is at stake for them (IE: the repair cost of the M2 and any medical bills). Anything is possible through careful negotiation, but it is about how far you want to take things. If the OP only wants to use brand new OEM parts, he will likely need a lawyer and have his lawyer go after Liberty, who has very expensive lawyers on stand by. The only thing working in his favor is that their insured is 100% at fault. If he was even 5% at fault, all bets would be off. Used OEM parts would be a lot easier to get them to agree to over new OEM parts is all I'm saying.

Insurance companies make billions in profit every year due to their business models being structured around eliminating risk, and through only paying out what they absolutely have to.

This is another reason why I say to only go through your own insurance as a last resort. Any time you need to go through your own insurance for ANYTHING (like just reporting a claim, or as Liberty suggested using them for the subrogation process to go after the other company for the OEM parts cost) the insurance company sees you as an increased risk to having to pay out money, even if you aren't at fault (this time) and your premiums will magically increase even if not right away. This data also goes into a large database shared by all the insurance companies, so changing to another company after making a claim will still carry-over this claim data to them.
Thanks for the tips! Yeah, it's a $350 difference and doesn't seem worth the risk of making me seem like a bigger liability to my insurance company.

I was going to start making noise about having a lawyer at the ready and "The loss of value to the repaired car by using non OEM bumpers and supports..." to try to get them to back off thinking that maybe I wont go after them for diminished value if they just step up and cover the OEM parts.

I've asked to work with the adjusters supervisor but so far he's just ignoring that.
Appreciate 1