View Single Post
      04-13-2020, 04:08 PM   #21
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Find another body shop.

The body shop I use exclusively works with all the major insurance companies. They know how to work within the system. My ex wife's car was involved in a wreck where she was not at fault. The at fault person's insurance was I think a subsidiary of Liberty Mutual as I seem to recall the truck that caused the wreck was a work truck.

From what I recall, my shop was able to get all OEM parts.

I had to get body work done on my 135i after a deer strike through my insurance with State Farm. They were able to get all OEM parts on this too with the exception of the condenser coil which was aftermarket. I was ok with that.

ETA: Oh and the Liberty Mutual rep started off with the same line about aftermarket/used parts were acceptable to repair my ex-wife's vehicle. I mentioned this to my body shop and they said no worries...they'll take care of it. And sure enough they did. To the tune of getting a whole new rear hatch to replace the damaged one because they couldn't get the fitment correct. A good body shop is worth their weight in gold. There's no coincidence there was a Bentley being repaired at their shop to fix the current damage and repair work that was half assed by another repair shop.

Last edited by zx10guy; 04-13-2020 at 04:16 PM..
Appreciate 0