Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post
^
I snickered at the Maverick when introduced. Changed my tune, for light duty usage. Possible beach house addition. The XLT Advanced Tremor with a front leveling kit would do the job. About 50-50 on dealers going msrp and those adding some bend over. $33,700 on the few I'm looking at. Advanced gives you power driver seat...my biggest need versus regular XLT. Fabric looks nice and tough and cooler than the leather in the Lariat.
The smart man (not me) in my case would have replaced my H3T with a new truck a few years ago when I discovered the frame had become Swiss cheese. The numerous trips to New England in the winter (to keep my wife happy) chewed the crap out of the frame despite daily undercarriage washes. [The H3 Hummer suffers drastically from this issue]. But the H3T is so unique and rare I decided to weld on new metal... twice. Then the corrosion got to the steering column, then trans cooling lines (cough... cough can you say trans rebuild?). The most recent repairs have been tie-rods, front axles and front bearings. I think I have the corrosion mostly at bay; I think. Still cheaper than a new truck. And the Bronco was in the fleet pipeline since September 2020. What makes no sense to me is the Gen-6 Ranger now only comes in a 4-door with a short bed (just like the Maverick)

Like you, for what I really use the H3T for an AWD Maverick would be a suitable replacement. The Cyber Truck would be massive overkill.
A manual transmission can be set to "comfort", "sport", and "track" modes simply by the technique and speed at which you shift it; it doesn't need "modes", modes are for manumatics that try to behave like a real 3-pedal manual transmission. If you can money-shift it, it's a manual transmission. "Yeah, but NO ONE puts an automatic trans shift knob on a manual transmission."

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 12-02-2023 at 12:16 PM..
Appreciate 0