Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
I only rarely have the heartburn unless I'm running. Stairs make it even worse, so I got to think it's the bouncing of the stomach that make it present. I used to ALWAYS be able to eat and go right into a workout/run. In fact, being insulin dependent it was more of a necessity.

Hadn't thought of green tea. I'm going to try to work that into a routine about 2 in the p.m., after the stomach has done some work on the lunch.
My doctor told me that teas can increase the incidents of acid reflux...we have to look at what cause GERD before we start making suggestions guys....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Definitely see a doc. You may have GERD (reflux disease), which should not be left untreated. The medication is pretty easy to take and very, very effective.

As has already been mentioned, untreated heartburn can lead to a number of complications. Don't self-medicate - heartburn can also be due to a number of other things. Don't get alarmed, but you really need to see a doctor, in order to understand what treatment you specifically need.
The medication is similar to what you take with OTC stuff. As a matter of fact my doctor told me that I could continue to take Prilosec OTC to combat my symptoms with no ill-effects. For me 1 pill a week works great...see your doctor tell him your symptoms and then let him make a diagnosis (esp. since you are diabetic). Good Luck and keep working out!
Appreciate 0