Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtla1 View Post
Maybe this is good news for general race spectators. Might mean the Mercedes will have overheating issues again and we'll get a good race similar to Austria! We can hope, but let's see the reality this weekend.

EDIT** Just looked up the weather, should be an interesting weekend. 102F (39C) projected for Friday, then 90F (32C) with scattered Thunderstorms on Saturday, and finally 78F (26C) with Rain and Thunder on Sunday. Unpredictable weather might mean more unpredictable race?
Weather will almost guarantee a HAM victory. He's won the last 10 rain affected races if my memory is correct.

On the highlighted portion: I would hope that we, as fans, can wish for the competition to increase their competence rather than the class of the field stumble. While a W is still a W, there is no glory in beating a downed opponent, only a hollow victory.

SF and RBR need to up their game. McLaren is on the mend and will be much closer to the sharp end of the grid by the end of the year.

Better racing with stronger teams, not winning because of failure. HAM's victory over LEC's failure at the beginning of the season is not what we as fans should want to see.

Cheers-mk
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 0