08-21-2019, 05:55 PM   #115
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Starting with 2017 model year BMW reduced scheduled maintenance from 4 year / 50K miles to 3 year / 36K miles. They also discontinued covering brakes, wipers and clutch in scheduled maintenance.

For $700, at time of purchase, you can upgrade your scheduled maintenance (ultimate care +) to include brakes, wipers and clutch (if manual). If you choose to upgrade to ultimate care + and keep your car longer than 3/36 you can later upgrade to ultimate care +1 or +2 or +3 or +4.

They even have a new ultimate care scheduled for $899 which upgrades the standard ultimate care from 3/36 to 4/50 but doesn't include brakes, wipers and clutch.

It's a bit of a cluster, but for most people I'd recommend at the very least the ultimate care+ upgrade for $700.. If you don't get it at time of purchase, you cannot upgrade later. And if you drive more than 25K odds are you'll be replacing the rear brakes (why the rears tend to go before the fronts on modern BMW's is a wonder...) and that'll cost you about the same as the plan.

Read here for more details:

https://bmwusaservice.com/ultimatecare
Great information.

Of all the BMW I owned / leased, I never had to do brakes. My F10 went in for its final inspection right around 30K miles (it had the 2016 maintenance plan) and dealer just simply reset the i-drive system indicating that I do not need brake pads.

If needed, I can throw in a set of pads in there fraction of the cost of $700.

I think it is a good option for folks who do not work on their cars or go through set of brakes every 15K miles. I also do not see any reference to rotors as BMW recommends changing rotors with pads. So if you are paying $700, I sure hope it includes the rotors as well like it did in the previous plan.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0