View Single Post
      08-27-2019, 01:01 PM   #125
MontyP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 530e

Quote:
Originally Posted by achopra View Post
Not sure if asking for a lower lease payment is the best way to get good deal. The price of the car and leasing/financing are two separate things and must be treated in that manner. One must negotiate the price of the car down and then make sure that the base Lease money factor (provided by BMW) is applied... all other variables are decided by BMW and neither the dealer or the customer can alter them.
I tend to agree with achopra. Sadly prices in Canada are considerably higher so I can only look at most of the deals posted here with envy (and take some solace in the fact that I took delivery of my 530e before our provincial government cancelled the $8500 rebate).

As I had neither the time nor the inclination to play dealers off against one another I simply spec'd the car I wanted, went to three dealers, told them I wanted to lease with zero down and asked them to give me their best price. I made it clear I wasn't going to go back and forth. I went with the lowest (which was about $50 per month less than the highest basically meaning that dealer was able to shave an extra $2250 off the price). I may have done a bit better if I had wanted an "in stock" vehicle but as this was my first brand new BMW (after owning 6 Certified Series" bimmers over the past 20 years) I wanted it "made to order".
Appreciate 0