United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkDemma View Post
I'm curious if you actually watched the video.
Yes I did...

Quote:
They cite specific examples of additional tests that Toyota did to the B58 engine and that changes to design were requested. While a video like this doesn't cite sources, it appears to be pretty well researched.
Its not researched at all. There isn't a single example given what part exactly was revised. Why not? Its just a summed up pile of very vague claims, copied from other stories designed to attrack viewers..

Dont get impressed by words well spoken in a slightly too slowly pace.
That doesnt make it true. It just makes a nice video.
The lack of real world concrete examples is more important. At least if you want to make it convincing...
And finally look at the tech used, look at who the oems are.
And use your mind. maybe 5% of b58 engines end up in a supra.... Do you think BMW and their OEMS are going to radically change their production processes thàt late in the development stadium?
Well, I honestly don't see you giving any more information, links or data, just opinion based on no facts. I'm not saying I believe what they are saying in the video, as I said they don't provide any references. I asked the question because I wanted to know if anyone had any better information. Obviously you don't.

EDIT - Looking at the video directly on the YouTube site, they DO provide a list of references for the video. Many, apparently, are in German or Japanese and had to be translated for the video. They also mention they did their own interviews with engineers from both companies. So it would appear that they DID do a good bit of research to make the video, not just "talk slow".
Attached Images

Last edited by MarkDemma; 02-05-2019 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: Additional info found on YouTube direct video
Appreciate 0