View Single Post
      07-20-2021, 12:28 PM   #81
c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Reading all these comments reminds me of my own thoughts on this topic. I find BMW to be the gateway drug to Porsche. BMWs can be outstanding cars but there is truly something special, in my opinion, about Porsches. The quality, the attention to detail, overall reliability. I know people can come up with issues Porsches have had but they usually step up and own it when they do. As an example, a relatively small number of Macans had transfer case issues. Porsche ended up extending the warranty to ten years on the xfer case and if you had already spent money on out of warranty repairs, they would cover them.

Another aspect to their overall reliability is their CPO warranty. They offer a two year, unlimited mile CPO warranty for cars up to 12 years old. No other car manufacturer I know of does that.

As far as power is concerned. Porsche notoriously underrates their engines and also seemingly can do more with less power. So I am less concerned about a horsepower rating and more concerned with the overall driving experience.

Speaking of the GT4, if it were all performance numbers based, owners would buy the PDK. But almost 3/4 of GT4/Spyder/GTS4.0 buyers opt for the manual transmission.
Appreciate 0