View Single Post
      11-30-2020, 08:59 AM   #4
mike1110
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e iPerformance

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
As Xbhp noted, the battery is unchanged between the two.

The LCI will probably have worse range than the Pre-LCI if you activate XtraBoost a lot since that will run the EV motor in an extra power mode. It will likely go untested in the EPA and WLTP range calculations due to it only being activated under heavy acceleration. But the LCI may have slightly better range due to drive train efficiencies. Though I haven't yet seen reviews highlighting this via a direct comparison.

From a battery capacity and range perspective these two MY cars should be largely the same.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbhp View Post
I've got MY2020 with 12kwh battery and AFAIK both battery capacity are same i.e. 10.8kwh usable. Only advantage of LCI (interms of power) is xtraboost which provides an additional 40bhp for 10 seconds.
I would say don't worry about actual usable battery capacity as there are variables to battery performance- Here's winter and best range i see is 30km where as its over 40km in summer.
Thank for the help guys. Planning to get a 530e M Sport (MY 2020) as the 530e LCI won’t be out in my country until 2022 based on the release cycle in my country.
Appreciate 0