06-14-2015, 11:48 PM   #36
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
did you order from www.aliexpress.com ?

Just remembered that I have account at local ADI store, will check prices with them too. My total came out to $235 at "CCTV Camera China"... DS-2CD2432F-IW + DS-2CD2132F-IWS + DS-1258ZJ wall-mount, I assume need 2 12v power supplies from Home Depot as well
As P1et stated, these cameras have the option of being powered through an Ethernet connection via a PoE switch. But you can run the cameras via an 12V AC adapter. I have one of the DS-2CD2432F-IW running on an AC adapter for a couple of reasons. First, the camera is acting as my baby cam. In my daughter's room, the Ethernet drop is already being used by another device. So I'm running this camera in wireless mode. The second reason is because the camera is running in wireless mode, I have a lot of flexibility in placement of the camera. For a few months after bringing my daughter home from the hospital, we had her in our bedroom. There were times we would put her to sleep and would position this camera on top of the fireplace mantel so we could keep an eye on her.

I would also use an AC adapter to test the IP cameras especially the outdoor ones before going through the trouble of testing them outdoors.

An alternative is to use an inline PoE injector. A PoE injector is just a box that is inserted between an Ethernet jack or switch and the IP camera. The PoE injector is then plugged into a wall power outlet.
Appreciate 0