View Single Post
      07-30-2018, 02:54 PM   #26
Mullingar Man
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 G31 540iX

Smile Nice bit of kit!

Just had one of these fitted to my G31. Not seen many reports from people who’ve actually had one fitted, so thought I’d do so.

Originally planned to fit an AC Schnitzer exhaust, but was on factory back order and date slipped. Hunting about, I came across the Remus unit. Looked identical, was readily available and cheaper into the bargain, so cancelled the ACS order and went for it instead.

The promo video doesn’t do the sound justice IMO. In comfort mode, it has a nice subtle bass rumble, not intrusive but lets you know there is a real engine in the car.

When in sport mode, particularly with manual gear change, it makes some lovely noises. It really howls are the revs build, much higher pitched sound than I ever expected! Gear changes under load produce great thunder claps if you want to be a hooligan.

Really good fit with the M Performance rear bumper panel / diffuser, though must be the panel for the 550i (part no ends with ‘10’, not ‘09’, I know, as wrong one was supplied by my BMW dealer first).

Overall a top bit of kit if you want to give your car a bit of character!
Appreciate 0