View Single Post
      01-29-2021, 08:02 AM   #2797
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Haha you sound similar to my fiance, but her area of concerns is her arms. Long story short, targeting a specific area does not work. As your overall BF percentage reduces those areas will dwindle. Everyone is different and hold fat in different areas. For myself it would be my stomach & chest. I've never had any success trying to target those areas unfortunately. You can attempt to increase core work (targeting your lower back & obliques), but unless your diet (where I assume the problem might lie) changes then it most likely will remain the same. You can try to counter diet with exercise, but unless your workouts are crazy intense then it wont work.

Hope this wasn't too blunt of a response and good luck!
How accurate are those handheld devices at the gym that measures your body fat? You hold it in your hands and it supposedly calculates with electrodes or some shit like that. The guy at the gym told me it was 99% accurate. That fucking device reading said that I am 39% body fat. I don't get offended easily, but I was offended! Do I really look like I'm almost 40% body fat??? I mean yeah, I like to eat Oreos and ice cream, but not every day. I think I eat pretty good, but obviously could be better.

So I need to cut out the sweets, do full body workouts and not just work my arms and back to reduce the muffin top I have?

It's not horrible, but it bothers me to see it in the mirror.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0