02-01-2021, 12:35 PM   #2825
JP10
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Rudi View Post
How long are your typical bulk and cut cycles? I started my bulk phase in October. Each week I slowly increased my calories 100 cal/day each week, until I got to my bulking caloric intake, roughly 2900. I'm getting to where I'm ready to start my cut and just curious how long you guys typically bulk for.

Also, aside from upping my protein, any tips/help you guys can offer are always appreciated. I plan to subtract my cutting calories from my bulk calories then divide by 4 weeks. This way I can slowly ween myself down versus going from 2900 to 1800 overnight.

Stoked to see what's underneath the fluff now.
2-3months is my typical bulk/cut cycle. You have the right idea not to quickly transition from a bulk to a cut and rather to slowly move towards it. I think roughly 250calories/week decrease until you're at your target calorie intake is perfect. My only tip/trick I can offer is to listen to your body. If you drastically up cardio and feel lack luster in there make sure you are getting enough carbs - depending on how well you did on your bulk you may see the weight coming off much quicker then expected. That is all fine, but if I see that happening I try to slow it down - this would mean to slow your rate of calorie reduction to a point where weight reduction is consistent.

Long story short, slow transition periods are much better then rapid. The point of a proper cut is to maintain the muscle that you've put on through your bulk. This means if you attack the cut too hard you will lose your gains.
Appreciate 1
King Rudi13154.00