TheBingoBalls
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-M007 View Post
As of today, the X7 has eliminated the Laser Lights, Cool/Heated Cup Holders, Glass Controls, and the LED Sky Lounge.

X5 will NOT get the Harman Kardon Sound, Automatic Soft Close Doors, Glass Controls, LED Sky Lounge, and Cool/Heated Cup Holders.

The 5 series will not get the Automatic Soft Close Doors. Soon Harman Kardon will be eliminated. The 540i no longer get the auto on/off button and there is no way to turn it off.

The 3 series will not get the Harman Kardon, only on the M340i. Head Up Display is eliminated for the 330i.

The Head Up Display is next. BMW is blaming the supplier. ??? Some orders midway were changed unbeknownst to the clients. A friend of mine told me some people just canceled their orders.
So much over exaggeration for something you nor anyone outside of BMW offices knows for fact. This reaction is like when everyone thought the M8 Coupé and Cabriolet were "dead" when BMW stopped manufacturing for one model year, likely to realign resources during COVID (which we're still in the middle of) and focus on vehicles that are in more demand.

If this these changes were permanent to production, every region would likely be affected but and far as I know, Canada hasn't been affected with any of those things you mentioned nor has there been any bulletins for immediate or updated restrictions to production.

Also, some of your information is incorrect. Unless BMW made another change, glass controls and LED sky lounge are still available on the X7 but only as part of the executive package - they are no longer standalone options.

Last edited by TheBingoBalls; 03-02-2021 at 10:51 PM..
Appreciate 4
Germanauto9698.00
Ibiza3596.00
Encanto1164.00
mkoesel7508.50