View Single Post
      06-18-2019, 06:04 PM   #21
NCMMichael
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW 540i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dobie Dog View Post
I have never been a fan of any type of badging. I think they take away from the clean lines of the car. Personally I would pull off the M5 on a M5 or M550 on a M550 or the M anything off of the M anything. As far as a conversation starter with a "car enthusiast", wouldn't they be able to identify the car by looking at the differences in the lines and/or equipment of the car? A badge is a billboard to advertise what you have to the average person or ones own ego. My interest gets peaked when I can't tell what you have done, that's when I ask questions.

That's just my opinion which amounts to NOTHING!

OP does have a good looking car.
Each to their own, but I would substitute "one's own ego" for "one's own satisfaction". Ego sounds negative. I've wanted an "M" since I was a kid and I like seeing what I've worked hard for sitting in my garage (owned an E92 M3 in the past too). I get your point, and people should do whatever they want with their own car, but don't assume everyone else is a braggart. Should we start removing the blue and white BMW emblems from the hood too?

I'm only adding this post as a bit of tongue and cheek... Love'em, hate'em, or make up a new model (m540) and slap that emblem on your car, it really doesn't matter at the end of the day.
Appreciate 0