09-24-2019, 11:46 AM   #895
N54Yankee
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 135|Cobb|M3 control arms

Quote:
Originally Posted by The HACK View Post
That remains to be seen in this hyper tilted market, where SUVs and trucks are now far outpacing sedan and sports car sales. And we haven't even hit peak SUV/Truck yet, while overall automotive sales are already trending DOWN.

IMO the hype is there, but the number of available BUYERS aren't. From a marketing perspective...There really isn't going to be significant market to be found here. Unless Sports Car sales are coming back, it's hard to convince someone in need of a new car to spend it on a $60K Corvette rather than a $60K cross-over.

And in the event of a likely recession, well...It's going to be doubly as hard to convince someone to spend on a frivolous purchase.
Was it a frivolous purchase when you bought yours? It certainly wasn’t for me and many Corvette owners I know. You’ve just taken the position of full outright denial I’m afraid. The Bowling Green assembly line added another full time shift to crank out C8’s and still the numbers don’t lie. People are scrambling to get the new car, I’ve seen it myself in two local Chevrolet dealers. This Vette is a game changer and C7 sales slowed to a trickle because everyone wants the new mid Vette, even some die hard BMW owners right on this site.
Likely recession? Now you’re really scratching and digging.
I’m pretty sure you’re going to be eating a lot of crow come next year.
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articl...eady-sold-out/
"The Constitution was never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the press, or the rights of conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms.” Samuel Adams
Appreciate 1