SXY550
Canada
Rep
Drives: M550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by navinsiri View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXY550 View Post
Hi guys I just got an ARM motorsport's G30 downpipe for my car. I'm wondering how long it should take to install it? Someone here tried to charge me $800cad for 6 hrs of labour.... also if you are in Vancouver BC area lmk where is your trusted tune shop!!! Thx in advance!!!
Did you end up getting it installed? Were there any issues?

I decided to install the ARM downpipes myself because I haven't worked on cars in a while and it's something I used to do a lot. That was a mistake. The lower heat shield on the drivers side took many hours to remove. Overall it was a lot harder than the online guides for previous versions of the N63 engine.

None of the mounting points on the ARM downpipes fit the original mounting points so the exhaust is pretty much hanging off the turbos which I'm not too happy about.
I had someone else installed it for me haha. Ya I get what you mean for the exhaust hanging low because right now I can hear my exhaust squeaking (like a tin can shaking sound) when it is idle.... but I'm not too worried about it since the sound goes away once I put my foot on the pedal
Appreciate 0