01-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #6
herbz
hi
United_States
Rep
Drives: '86 325e

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVF4Rrider View Post
Yes, but I think it also indicates BMW's new direction, which is more and more towards luxury as opposed to pure sport. Another indication of this would be the new Z4's weight gain in addition to a more luxuious interior and additional creature comforts and features.

I don't particularly like BMWs new direction. The only 2009 car I would even consider is the M3. After that car goes the way of turbos I'm done with new BMWs.
what are you surprised by it or something? the 3 series has been getting bigger, heavier, and softer with every new generation since the e30. not to mention uglier and more expensive. they've also been filled with more and more technology, useless amenities like idrive, heated seats, and silly nannies and knick knacks that true car enthusiasts dont care about.

BMW's haven't been all about "pure sport" since the e30 m3 came out. if you're looking for a sports car i can reccomend a porsche cayman, lotus elise. those cars are punishing and will give a car enthusiast exactly what he/she wants. stay away from any new audi, bmw, nissan, inifniti, acura, or any of the perceived sports car brands. because they're not making sports cars any more, they are making luxo fatass overpriced POS's. not that acura or infiniti ever made sports cars in the first place.

but you can't blame BMW. they are simply giving the american consumer what they want. the american consumer is not concerned with driving experience whatsoever. well they are, but to them, driving experience is being able to fiddle with their idrive navigation system while driving and talking on their cell phone and drinking their coffee and eating their bagle and shifting using their silly paddles all at the same time.

bmw is not what it was in the 70's through 90's. if they were, they would have gone bankrupt by now.

but back on topic, gotta love the reccession. keeping people who shouldn't be in a BMW in the first place from getting one. if you can't afford it, don't get it. seems like a pretty simple concept for me. hopefully the economy stays in the shitter for a long time so that all the crooks and theives go bankrupt for taking advantage of the less fortunate and shoving home mortgages on them.
Appreciate 0