View Single Post
      03-16-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
mister37
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgelb View Post
I'd see if you can change it from hPa to psi. That reading is about seven and a quarter psi, which is fine.

edit...and the waterpumps/thermostats are just wear items on these cars. Not generally anything wrong to make them fail. If this is the first replacement on an '08 then you're doing good.
Okay, I will spend some more time to find the psi gauge. Are there any other useful readings that I should look to check the condition of the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucker020 View Post
Yea, I got those same 2 codes (as most other people on here have). Def water pump. Which best to go ahead and replace thermostat as well. If it didn't give you a yellow "reduced power" light, followed by a red "pull your A$$ over" light.....consider yourself lucky. Usually there is no warning before it goes out and you are left stranded. I wouldn't recommend driving it anywhere until you get the pump and thermostat replaced. Mine was an 07 and JUST went out....so we were definitely on borrowed time as it was.
Honestly speaking, first time I heard the radiator fan running full speed was about a month ago. I started researching the issue, did the water-pump test and it was working fine. The radiator fan turns-on at low speed as soon as I turn the heat on, so I've been driving without heat in 10-20F weather I have been driving like a granny since and the limp-mode hasn't showed up yet.
Do you think driving in these conditions can hurt the engine (over-heat etc. etc.)? If someone can please shed some light on this, it would be helpful.
Appreciate 0