ArmyBimmerDude
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lola

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Well.... Dunno what to say.... You call them "donut stuffers" and at the same time you seem to be asking for a cookie for serving voluntarily....

I hope all works out well for you, but you have no one to be mad at but yourself. I highly doubt you were unaware of the potential consequences of your actions. The military should reinforce sense of responsibility, but often times it deflates it. And, if anything, thinking you being active duty would quell the pursuit, that's funny to me. It's so easy to get nabbed when you're in the military, especially with all the communication that usually is open between base personnel and local police.

It sucks how you got nabbed. But you can't be pissed at the cops for you knowingly breaking the law.

And, for the record, this is coming from a combat veteran with three combat tours in the Marines. I'm not saying I never did anything like that, but I am saying I would properly hold myself fully responsible for any and all consequences, as should you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremydgreat View Post
What does the service have to do with street racing, drunk driving, and other basic types of law-breaking?
Totally agree. I'm tired of people not taking responsibility for their actions and coming to this site for sympathy. Don't use the "decorated combat vet" crap here. Everyone in the military knows that AAM's, ARCOM's, and MSM's are automatic nowadays.

You knowingly broke the law. It serves you right to be embarrassed about being arrested in front of your chain of command. That being said, get a lawyer. No way can these charges stick.