View Single Post
      04-22-2009, 08:40 AM   #14
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
What constitutes racing? A contest of speed. If you took off fast minding your own business on to a freeway and leveled off at 65mph, while someone behind else behind you is bent on passing you without your knowing. Would it be fair to charge you with street racing?

He may be at the wrong place at the wrong time when he took off fast next to couple of fast cars. It wasn't clear in his story whether the Rustang or SRT4 was keeping up. If they were not then it's not a contest of speed therefore not a street race.
Well, cops are trained to make that judgement call. I'm sure a cop wouldn't take his valuable off time in pursuing someone he viewed as having participated in a street race, unless there was at least a good deal of truth to the accusation.

That being said, I doubt the charges will stick, I still think the OP needs to get his head straight about taking personal responsibility for his actions. From his original post, you don't exactly have to read between the lines to see that his actions were highly suspect of racing. But, because the cop was off duty, the serious charges just can't fly without more evidence.
Appreciate 0