View Single Post
      04-22-2009, 01:10 PM   #17
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragingclue View Post
Well, cops are trained to make that judgement call. I'm sure a cop wouldn't take his valuable off time in pursuing someone he viewed as having participated in a street race, unless there was at least a good deal of truth to the accusation.

That being said, I doubt the charges will stick, I still think the OP needs to get his head straight about taking personal responsibility for his actions. From his original post, you don't exactly have to read between the lines to see that his actions were highly suspect of racing. But, because the cop was off duty, the serious charges just can't fly without more evidence.
It's clear his action definitely racked up some infractions, but on the other hand, the cop went out of his way, actions which may be judged excessive, to get his way. Some cops get off from doing this so technically it's not a waste of his time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger View Post
Seriously, i'm not going to go on the, you know you were wrong, man up argument. Even though it's completely true, and those of you that are going on it are justified.

But that's some of the worst luck i've ever heard. Did the cop go after any of the other people you were apparently prearranged to street race? No. He followed the guy with the nice car, came to his place of work, and carried him out in cuffs. That's just messed up in general.

I wonder if mr. mustang and mr. neon are laying back with a miller lite right now.
Yup. A total power trip. I am surprised he didn't smash his head against the trunk couple times because he is a dangerously trained solider in mortal combat. Cop needs to soften him up for self defense. The OP needs to take his medicine and pony up the fine or lawyer fee and the cop needs to evaluated for his action.
Appreciate 0