02-07-2020, 11:15 PM   #13
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC F97 View Post
I also joined Facebook 11 years ago when we had our first child. Used it as a way of shoving pics of my newborn down people’s throats. As time went on...I realized how much I despised it. Seeing all your “friends” postin all this amazing stuff... vacations....material goods....cars.... everyone trying to one up each other to see who has a “better life” it’s such a misrepresentation of real life.
Also seeing how everyone obsessed over it. “OMG did you see what so and so posted!?!?!” I couldn’t even talk to my wife abt current events...or a new restaurant I read about “oh yea.... so and so posted it on Facebook...” ok..conversation over I guess.

Just got tired of it...I deleted my account two years ago and I can’t be happier. I don’t feel as if I’m missing out on anything. Anyone that matters to me I am in direct contact with...I don’t need Facebook. To keep in contact with someone I went to,school with in the third grade that I have absolutely nothing in common with. I’m good..

Facebook can suck it.....lol
Well, it depends how you use FB. It's basically a big feedback loop. You look and interact with a lot of friends posting bs you will see more bs.

Because of my business I need a FB account regardless. That being said I personally find it quite useful. I sell more shit in their marketplace than I do on craigslist of any of the other sites. I'm also a member of several groups about trucks and rvs. Just like this forum, I can pretty much find a fix for anything in my rv on one of those groups. If not I can post my issue and get a ton of people helping.

Since that is the main thing I use FB for (other than work stuff) pretty much all I see in my feed is post from my truck or rv group. There are even some groups who have a lot of whiny people, but I still like to be in the group so I can search it when I have issues, I just silence those groups or whatever and I don't see their posts in my stream.

I really only interact and post stuff to maybe 10 people who are either close friends or family, so occasionally I will see one of their posts in between my rv groups. You can also silence specific people if you don't want to see their shit.

So honestly, aside from the privacy issues, I'm not sure what all the whining is about (in general). If you don't get any value from it then dump it. Not sure why there would be any debate.
Appreciate 2
Germanauto9665.50
M_Six16541.00