View Single Post
      10-02-2018, 11:05 AM   #21
SHRTLL
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 650i

This Fixed mine

Can't turn on car's bluetooth
Okay, so I'm trying to set up a bluetooth link between my Treo 650 (after downloading the latest CarKit update from Palm) and I can't figure out why my phone doesn't find the car. At first glance from the "Phone" menu in the car, I thought I had BT on. After carefully reviewing the Phone Manual (it isn't overly clear), I determined that in fact what I was seeing was the designation of the button to turn BT on. Problem? Nothing happens when I push this button.

What I see when I hit the phone button is a screen in which the upper menu says something like "Turn Bluetooth on to make a call." In the lower screen area directly above a middle button is displayed "BT-ON". The right side of the lower screen only displays the "return" key.

Obviously, the display "BT-ON" immediately above a button denotes that this is what you are to depress to turn it on. To support this, it appears in the manual that when BT is on, it should be displayed in the lower screen to the right side, directly adjacent to the "return" key.

I've pushed, prodded and poked this button for 30 minutes, and nothing happens. I've tried it with the car off, car on, radio off, and any number of combinations. And yes, I have the Premium package and yes, this button works under other menus.

Obviously, something is not working and this likely warrants a trip to the dealer. Any advice from anyone? Anyone else experience this problem?

Thanks for your help.

Had the same problem, in my BMW 650i and after searching many solutions, and complicated searching around for replacement parts as suggested by you tubers, I thought my last resort was to surrender my self to the dealership, which I am sure would be delighted to relieve me of some hard earned money.
there were suggestions of replacing the Bluetooth system or ulf module, which would be available on eBay used for @ $200.

Here is my fix and it worked, disconnect the negative from the battery, in my case contained in the trunk (boot) and leave for about half an hour, reconnect and delighted as I was, once reconnected I heard chimes that door was open, I put key in ignition and Screen started to boot, music played as normal and phone contacts started to update. All that should happen at this point did.
Happy to say all is fixed and at no cost besides a little patience.
Hope this works and saves all a bit of money.
Appreciate 0