View Single Post
      09-20-2020, 10:58 PM   #50
quackbury
Monkeyazz Duck
Rep
Drives: 540 M Sport; 330; 135

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1newbmwowner View Post
One disappointment with the BMW is that I have the optional spare tire. This fills up the well in the trunk and the trunk depth is not as large as the Audi. The result is that overpacked bags do not fit. We had to take clothes out of the largest back in order to fit within the trunk height. The Audi has a much bigger trunk.
Bud, the entire spare tire cartridge comes out, giving you the same cavernous trunk as a G30 without the spare. It takes about 2 minutes to remove it, and the floor goes back in and fits perfectly. A clever piece of engineering.

My twins were college athletes, and the spare sat in our basement through football and lacrosse seasons, then went back in for ski season (non-RFT snow tires) and summer, or on the occasional weekend when I had a long road trip with no dealer for miles. Sans cartridge the trunk swallowed all my tailgate kit: Weber Q grill, 8' x 8" canopy, folding table, Yeti cooler, 4 camp chairs, BT speakers, etc. The entire Field Kitchen. More stuff than we could ever stuff in my wife's 320 wagon, and about as much as in any of our X5's.
2008 135i
Appreciate 0