View Single Post
      10-26-2019, 06:00 AM   #18
Bmw g30
Rep
Drives: Bmw g30

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
"... you change wheels the problem comes back", that's the biggest clue it is still with the wheel assemblies. Besides still having balance issues, mounting accuracy, run-out, tires are faulty, are possible issues.

A general observation, "design flaw" gets used, I don't see that, or all cars would suffer the same problem. There is the possibility the 'tolerance stack' for a few builds are contributing to a problem. Changing something that 'rotates', can reduce, or amplify the issue.

There have been similar vibration issues with the F10 models, a few persistent, with no apparent solution. Usually a change in intensity with wheel changes, balancing, etc., even if not cured. Other examples no issue at all, even as miles are added.

I recall one F10 user had gone through all sorts of attempts (changing wheel sets, multiple balances) for a solution. Never completely eliminated the vibrations. Then with a routine tire change, problem completely disappeared.
Well, I have driven 5 different g30/31 with different tyres/ wheel sizes and 4 of them had the same issue with differences in the Vibs levels. My own mechanic has some family in Sweden which were on vacation in Denmark. They have also a brand New 520d with M suspension having the same problem. The funny thing was that the owner hadnīt noticed it before we mentioned it after a test drive on highway.

I agree that the problem might be relatet to wheel assembly but according to the dealer the problem is the different rear suspension on g30/31 compared to F10 which has a stronger/robust assembly.

I also observed on mine that weather temperature affect the vibrations. Cold weather actually reduces the vibs !?!?
Appreciate 0