03-11-2021, 11:06 AM   #4
badass335
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by StLMO View Post
Just purchased a used 2017 540 and having similar issues with comfort access and remotes. Seems like the car doesn't 'wake up' to recognize the key. I have to be 1-2 feet away for it to unlock. Happens when car is locked for a while.

I took it in a few weeks ago and they updated the software hoping that would fix it but it's intermittent. Found this SIB https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/20...52677-9999.pdf and plan on taking it back in this week to also check auto wipers. I'm thinking it's the key and like you my SA said they can't replace until they can reproduce t the issue.
Thanks for that SIB. I'll forward to my SA. I kept taking videos so BMW could see. I had the software updated to the latest and its even worse. Now out of every 2 drives, the key doesn't register for at least 1.

BMW says that there are 2 separate issues here. 1, the key being detected inside the car and second being the remote range. They wont do anything on the range issue as my car has tint. Until the tint is removed from ALL windows, they wont proceed further but the issue with key not detected inside the car, they will work on.

I'll update once they figure something out. Car goes in tomorrow.
Appreciate 0