View Single Post
      08-04-2015, 02:24 PM   #15
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by FilipMPower View Post
Ehm.. I don't want to jump to any conclusions this early, but I will express my opinion here. The F10/11 looks BORING. The car is by no means ugly, as the proportions are pleasing from every angle, but at the same time not one single aspect of the car shows aggressiveness, elegance or beauty. The reason I sided with the more expensive 6 series is not because of the slight dynamic benefits, it's because of the looks purely. And it's safe to say that the G30/31 won't look a lot different from the old car. And cars looking slightly similar to their old counterparts are not a problem, I think the G11 looks great in M sport. But this car will look like the boring F10 again, say for slightly different bumpers and tailights. The f10 headlights are easily the worst aspect of the F10, and the new model doesn't have really different ones. They should make the headlights slimmer distinct, these look like the ones from the f48 x1 just connected to the grill and they look like the f10 headlights, for that matter the whole front looks BORING to me seeing this front snapshot. I can't get around using the word 'boring' to explain the 5 series in the last 5 years.

And this is of course my opinion and please don't argue with me that '10 million people like the design because they bought it' as no one ever could say that the F10 is an actually beautifully designed car.
Well, I will argue. Because I bought one and I absolutely love the design. Boring? Look at it compared to an A6 or an E class and tell me which one looks more appropriate for the segment. I no longer have mine because of mechanical issues, but every time I see one I think it is a classy and timeless design. There is way more detail in it than revealed at a cursory look.

You have your opinion and that's fine. But don't tell people not to argue with you....that means you think your opinion is fact.
Appreciate 2