08-04-2015, 02:48 PM   #18
FilipMPower
Second Lieutenant
Serbia
Rep
Drives: Anything with a locking diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needsdecaf View Post
Well, I will argue. Because I bought one and I absolutely love the design. Boring? Look at it compared to an A6 or an E class and tell me which one looks more appropriate for the segment. I no longer have mine because of mechanical issues, but every time I see one I think it is a classy and timeless design. There is way more detail in it than revealed at a cursory look.

You have your opinion and that's fine. But don't tell people not to argue with you....that means you think your opinion is fact.
The F10 still looks better than the A6 or E Class, of course, as both these cars are not well designed at all from the exterior. And I can understand that people might think the exterior design is apporpriate, beautiful? I didnt mean to offend anyones opinion by stating that the F10 is not beautiful. In most cars there is always a feature which makes a certain car look good. The low slung bonnet of the 4 series, the haunches of the jag f type...

This feature is absent in the F10. There is nothing ugly either, unlike the E60s headlights, and they went way too safe after bangle and now there is no standout design trait.

Everyone I asked about an F10 never said they like the design, neither have I read anything in magazines which was positive towards the design except for saying that the awkward parts of the E60 were fixed. I guess the car might have some understated beauty especially as m sport, as the F10, like I said, lacks aggressiveness and elegance which every other bmw has. I guess some people arent into overstyled front ends and sharp rears, which I can understand as it can seem annoying and having a lower profile car might be refreshing. But I myself dont see beauty, I never heard anyone say its beautiful and I never read any point mentioning its beautiful.

With my statement I didnt mean to offend anyones opinion, and of course there will be people who like certain cars for certain reasons, and my view might be spoiled because I see hundreds of F10s daily which might make me feel like their boring. But you have to admit that the F10 is at least no publically mentioned beauty.
Appreciate 0