View Single Post
      06-28-2019, 09:22 AM   #745
FlaPatsFan
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i wagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP10 View Post
Rmtt, that is crazy. My only comment lol. I was assuming you'd get optimal amounts of sleep but 4hrs!?! Crazy
Rmtt is a freak, that kind of sleep would leave anyone barely functional. Yet some how some way it works for him.

I place a huge emphasis on my rest/recovery. Sleep being the biggest component. Due to my work schedule, shift work 12hrs (3p-3a) and having a 2 yo...some nights it’s 5.5-6 hours that’s all. On off days I try and stock pile sleep...8,9,10 hours. I’ll basically try and go to sleep when my little guy does. My wife is up earlymost days.

One thing that made a BIG impact on our sleep is the mattress we have. I generally replace my mattress every 8 years depending. I have a new memory foam cool max mattress which keeps my body temperature In check. I used to wake up hot and sweaty. We live in Florida so this was an issue. I know feel I am getting much better REM sleep and deep sleep, crucial for recovery.

I’m thinking about purchasing a Oura Ring. It’s a ring you wear at night while you sleep and tracks your sleep patterns. I’ve heard a lot of good things. If you track your food, track your programming you should track your sleep. The three go hand in hand.
Appreciate 2
Rmtt8211.00
JP102463.00