06-28-2019, 09:37 AM   #748
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaPatsFan View Post
Rmtt is a freak, that kind of sleep would leave anyone barely functional. Yet some how some way it works for him.

I place a huge emphasis on my rest/recovery. Sleep being the biggest component. Due to my work schedule, shift work 12hrs (3p-3a) and having a 2 yo...some nights it’s 5.5-6 hours that’s all. On off days I try and stock pile sleep...8,9,10 hours. I’ll basically try and go to sleep when my little guy does. My wife is up earlymost days.

One thing that made a BIG impact on our sleep is the mattress we have. I generally replace my mattress every 8 years depending. I have a new memory foam cool max mattress which keeps my body temperature In check. I used to wake up hot and sweaty. We live in Florida so this was an issue. I know feel I am getting much better REM sleep and deep sleep, crucial for recovery.

I’m thinking about purchasing a Oura Ring. It’s a ring you wear at night while you sleep and tracks your sleep patterns. I’ve heard a lot of good things. If you track your food, track your programming you should track your sleep. The three go hand in hand.
Trust me...If I could sleep longer, I definitely would do it. I have always been obsessed about recovery. When I do sleep...I'm out hard.

But I have been through this over and over with my Dr. the last 20 years or so. He finally said....

Him - When you wake up..is it hard to get going?

Me - No...in fact I feel fully rested.

Him - Do you have bouts of being tired during the day...or if you are at your desk do you ever feel like you could fall asleep.

Me - No.

Him - Do you ever feel the need to sleep when sitting at home reading or watching TV when it's not your bedtime.

Me - No.

Him - Well your tests all came back normal, your labs are all good, and we both agree that you don't like to take any type of medicine. So no need in prescribing you anything when it's not needed.....So just let your body dictate what it wants.