View Single Post
      12-02-2021, 04:56 AM   #7
540iSUP
Captain
Rep
Drives: G30, E36

I went from an E36 to a G30, so there was a lot of new bells and whistles that I was not used to or even aware of.

First, the handling was crap. I test drove a regular 540 and it felt like driving a boat. I'm used to throwing cars around in the canyons so this is something that I'm still getting used to. I ended up with the M Sport kit and the handling was night and day different. The car still feels heavy going around the corners, but the increased HP makes up for it.

If you can get the top of the line model, get it! I know you probably don't care about some of the tech, but now that I've gotten used to it, its really nice. There are some things like ambient lights or gesture control that are not really needed, but it doesn't hurt to have them.

Get the softest seats you can get. I'm assuming you were like me and wanted to get into a 5 because you needed something bigger and more luxurious. The softer seats will be appreciated on long drives.

I got into the 5 because like @I3lazen I needed room for the kids, I didn't want to get into another SUV or a minivan, and I love the B58! Oh and if you can get the M Sport brakes, get them!

The 5 is bigger than the 3, but it's much more refined and feels like a missle on the Freeway.
Appreciate 2
I3LaZeN504.50