View Single Post
      09-23-2016, 05:14 AM   #37
Laki021
Lieutenant
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: BMW 540i xDrive

I don't like SUV neither. But at the same time I am 6.7" so they fit me very well.
The thing is, I don't even consider Macan as an SUV, once you are in, you don't fell as you are in an SUV, when you drive it, it does not behave like an SUV.
I like it's taller ride height and the siting position (for this reason I currently drive 5 GT, bit higher but not a truck as X5 or Cayenne). I was thinking of getting X5M, but after a test drive I did not like it and it's whole SUV feeling.

New Panamera is absolutely gorgeous, but except that the siting position is simply to low for me and is significantly more expensive, I think it also lost a bit of its Porsche charm due to this new fancy interior with zillion touch buttons, complicated infotainment system (it's hilarious you need go trough the menus to adjust air circulation direction etc), and even with all that mumbo jumbo BS they still don't offer HUD (should I cry or laugh because of this).

I honestly think that the new M550i will be able to compete with the Panamera 4s and even beat it for significantly less money(OK, it wont be so beautiful) while the new M5 will be a match for Turbo and later Turbo S. Its simply more practical car with similar performance, better infotainment and it has HUD!!! On the other hand Panamera will most probably sound way better which is a huge fun factor.
I am very disappointed that they are not going with M550i from the beginning. And also, I am a bit bored of the same BMW interior I am driving in for the last 10 years, I would like some refreshment (it is still very nice, but a complete refresh would be more than welcomed for the old BMW drivers).
Appreciate 0