AddyDaddy
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: i5 M60, M5's, 535.335, M550i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMMichael View Post
I just installed the full Dinan S1 signature package on my '19 m550. The package includes the elite v2 tune, free flow exhaust, performance springs, the "supplemental ride quality and handling kit" and of course, the cheesy Dinan badge. Twenty four hours in I am very pleased but a bit surprised with the amount of drop I ended up with. While researching springs it seemed common knowledge that Dinan springs would provide a very modest drop. Some even said it wouldn't be worth it from an aesthetics perspective, but I was more concerned with the way it felt and pulled the trigger. It's only suppose to be a .75 inch drop, but for my taste, this is pretty much slammed. I'll definitely be taking speed bumps and driveway curbs one wheel at a time. The Dinan exhaust tips are bigger then I expected as well but I am quite pleased with the results. However, I was surprised Dinan does not offer the free flow mid pipe referenced in every m550/dinan S1 review. With the stock mid pipe/resonators in place, it's fairly tame but there is a noticeable bass note that surprised me at idle and when shifting gears. I wouldn't mind more growl, and I might have a mid X pipe built for it, but I'll give it some time before deciding for sure.... From a performance standpoint, this car is insanely fast and with a more aggressive stance and stiffer ride, it feels closer to a proper M5 than it does a standard G30. Overall I am very pleased.
It's funny I just got the V2 "tune" and was about to get the springs. Was told the same .75" drop,
Your car looks awesome, fronts maybe 1/4"inch lower than I'd have for my application. I'm pleased with tune as I'm sure you are, I came from F10 M5 with bolt ons and with the piggy alone it feels almost the same when I hit it from a role. You have the nice M wheels.
Something inexpensive that I do with every BMW I get is spacers for the wheels. With how low it sits up front spend $150 and try 10mm spacers upfront and 13- maybe 15mm for rears.
Sure you love exhaust too! I asked my dealer to swap my optional 20" wheels for the ones you have on my lease I got a month ago
2019 M550 686BK Black Chrome 20"wheels, filters, Evolve Stage 1, Res delete
2024 i5 M60 Cape York Green
Appreciate 0