CLABRO
THUNDER UP!
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M Sport G30

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCMMichael View Post
While the 4 inch tips may be a bit bold, I have no desire to have them removed. I just need to decide whether to stick with the polished chrome or give the matte black tips a try.

Regarding de-badging, a very small minority of those that own a proper M5 debadge their car. That "M5" emblem means something. I imagine a very small number of those with the m550 rush out to debadge their cars either.

As far as the DINAN emblem itself, it won't mean anything to 99% of the people that see it, but in my view it's like a secret hand shake for other enthusiast that get it. Anyone with money can buy a m550. Only an enthusiast would work to add power on top of a car that is already incredibly powerful, and only a fellow enthusiast would recognize the difference. If leaving the emblem on the car leads to meeting other enthusiast (which it did at Starbucks earlier today), I'm all for it.
Oh no, I just meant debadging DINAN as I think their badge has always been overly large/stands out too much and takes away from the M5 or M550 badge (or any car badge). I would never debadge the M5 on a M5 or M550 on a M550.

I may not even mind it if it were the same size as the rest of the badges on the back or more subtle like them.

Nevertheless, your car looks great and thanks for sharing the pictures! Enjoy your car!

G30 l Alpine White l M Sport Package l Executive Tier l Icon Adaptive Full LED Headlights l Mocha Nappa Leather l Multi-Contour Seats l Drivers Assistance Package l Drivers Assistance Plus Package l Dynamic Handling Package l Parking Assistance Package l Bowers & Wilkins Diamond Surround Sound System l M Sport Brakes l Apple Carplay
Appreciate 0