Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F22 M240i / E46 330Ci ZHP

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nextbooost View Post
Problem is coming form a mkiv owner.

Hilarious thing is mkiv owners and previous owners are in life positions now that a 60k to 100k proper Supra would be a sure buy. With in the next 5 years ill be Lexus LC or new M4 for me. A 80k Supra(ft1) would have been a must buy.
This is, unfortunately, exactly why neither BMW or Toyota are going to spend the engineering money it would have cost to make the car that the diehard fans would have really really wanted in their heart of hearts.

If that small, small market would be willing to buy products they have already in their lineup, at a higher price point, why bother spending all that money to just cannibalize sales of those existing products?

I'm not saying it's something I agree with ... it would have been cool to have seen a "proper Supra" but alas, the beancounters would have never allowed it. In this market where everyone wants a SUV, it's a small miracle that we're even getting this.

Just curious, if at some point they drop a S58 engine in this would it be more appealing to you?
Appreciate 0