TK - 421
There's a storm coming
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW Vader

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberfrs View Post
At first i tought it was a legal action activated via FSC Codes from BMW servers. I think its not. Thank you for the answer.
It’s a hack of sorts for sure, it runs a script from the USB stick, blue screen, then reboot system and it activates. It works for most Im Sure, it just didn’t for me. Thing is the dealership sent all the failed components back to Germany for further investigation as they’d never had a reported G30 fail like mine.
I have a good relationship with my dealership last thing I’d want is for them to suspect foul play and become awkward with me in the future. For the price it costs to activate officially and the value CarPlay adds (for me) it was worth paying for the legit version. As stated I’m not saying you should go for the hack version, just for me It didn’t work.
My car was running the very latest firmware and had a lot of options activated from factory, wether this caused some issues with the hack I don’t know.
I’m all for coding hacks for the usual things, for this level I’ll go connected App Store
Appreciate 0