View Single Post
      04-07-2020, 09:26 AM   #13
King Rudi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Meat Suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
Starting with On her Majesties Secret Service I've seen every Bond Film in Theatre. I go through withdrawal waiting for the next film as soon as I see the latest release. I re-watch them often and I remember before streaming alway's catching them when they were on TV, and the Bond marathon's were always a must watch for me. Having said all that, some of the Bond films just don't stand the test of time (IMHO), many of the Roger Moore films for me just don't hold up anymore, I loved that at the time but I just can't manage them now. The special effects became a bit lame as well as the story lines. I know that the story lines always use a villain that is current to the point in time.

Anyway, still love the film and when I think back, Pussy Galore was over the top risqué for the time, I'm surprised they got away with that back in the day.
That's awesome! I've seen all from Golden Eye at the theater. Fun Fact: George Lazenby is the only actor to play James Bond to star in only one film. Oher notable fun stuff, obviously the Austin Powers movies relied heavily on the Bond films for references, but Mike Meyers gave a tip of the hat to another film in Gold Member. The pimpmobile seen in Gold Member was the same 1971 Eldorado used in the film Willie Dynamite. When Austin first sits in the car, a neon sign can be seen in the background that reads "Willies Dynamite Chicken."

I agree with the Roger Moore films. The 80's was a strange decade. I blame cheesy sexual innuendo's and massive amounts of cocaine.

Speaking of Bond quote's, this is my fav.

Plenty O'Toole:
Hi, I'm Plenty.

James Bond:
But of course you are.

Plenty O'Toole:
Plenty O'Toole.

James Bond:
Named after your father perhaps?

Last edited by King Rudi; 04-07-2020 at 09:37 AM..
Appreciate 3
DDD311649.00
Murf99314114.00
Rmtt8211.00