View Single Post
      09-02-2017, 11:28 AM   #16
pixlplague
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 540 M-Sport (G30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarlasaM View Post
If you don't get the MAP(Message Access) request on the phone, trying going to the bluetooth settings on your phone, and make sure that the Message Access option is turned on.

In the US the G30 comes standard with 6NS the Enhanced USB & BT option.

This option was introduced for MY14 cars:
This option (6NS) includes Bluetooth Audio Streaming (now standard), Enhanced USB and Smartphone Integration for use of a snap-in adapter(discontinued for MY17 +). If the vehicle is equipped with option 609 (Navigation), 6NS also includes a secondary microphone for enhance hands-free communication, Mobile Office, and the ability to pair a second phone via Bluetooth. Additionally, when added to vehicles with iDrive 4.2, Message Dictation is included. (iDrive 5.0 + support Naturally Speaking as Standard now so this option is now part of it as default)
I definitely don't have 6NS as it's not even an option in Canada. But that just adds to the mystery: I do have audio streaming, but not messages... And I can confirm that the first three option sliders are there, but not the Message access one. This means the phone is not even prompted to allow access: it really sees the car as an audio device only (with mic, i.e. phone capabilities).

I'm at a loss here... I might have to go to the dealership but I'm not convinced they will even know. Last time I had similar issues with my F30 they brushed me off saying it was the phone (spoiler: it wasn't and I updated my iDrive myself)...
Appreciate 0