View Single Post
      10-28-2014, 10:36 AM   #1056
Samurai of 2day
Major
Rep
Drives: '22 X6M/'21 S1Krr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmette View Post
I'm a little late, but also want to say that we are here for you. Ironic in the drunk thread, but I say put away the alcohol. Sell the glock. You can also PM me when you need talking off the ledge.
Thank you. I mentioned in a couple posts above this one that you may be right about taking a break from the bottle. After years of getting drunk every weekend (as long as I'm not working) it has become a routine of mine to drink in my down time.

I used to get wasted with my cousins or some of the guys from my old Recon Platoon, depending on who was available. If everyone was otherwise preoccupied, I would just drink by myself. Over the years, almost all of my boys (some kinda unbelievable) have had kids or gotten married or both, so even though there is no love loss, and I am actually quite proud of many of them for growing up (better late than never), I feel like I am being left behind.

I will give your suggestion some serious thought. I actually don't have a problem with my own drinking, kind of enjoy being "not sober", and it hasn't had a negative affect on things like work or health (yet) or my responsibilities, but maybe if I put the bottle down during the weekends, I can do something more constructive with my free time instead of drinking in the dark.

Thank you once again.