View Single Post
      03-16-2019, 12:16 PM   #1
drholliday
Rep
Drives: bmw m550i g30 2018

Wireless Charger Toster

I have a G30 M550i 2018 ordered with a wireless charger. Since I took possession of this car it has overheated my iPhone X, Samsung S8, Samsung S10 and more importantly the display key fob that came with the car.

I went to my dealer who replaced the unit, didn't help much. The field engineer took a look said that that's how they work and that that's all that could be done.

I call BS, so I did my own research and after 5 months of looking in my spare time, considering outside consultants even considered replacing the unit with an after market unit. I found that an LTE compensator was a part of the OEM installation so I looked at just replacing the battery charger. What I found was no less than 5 hardware updates for the charger so they knew that there was an issue.

When I had the charger replaced with the latest version my problem resolved.

Everyone makes mistakes but how those mistakes are resolved speaks to character and ethics of a person a corporation. BMW dropped the ball on this problem. I was very fortunate to have help from forums like this one and the internet, what if I had a big problem?
Appreciate 3