CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennsiveguy View Post
It's not only nice. More importantly, it's honest. I do enjoy getting to know someone, if they're a good conversation partner and we have some things in common to talk about. If it turns out that we don't work as a romantic couple, I've lost nothing. I'm not hurt by it and I don't need the other person to hurt either. Inflicting pain on the way out accomplishes nothing, in my view of the world.

Get yourself to a point where it doesn't hurt if it doesn't work out, and the whole "eye for an eye" attitude will vanish.
True, there is a definite difference between being a good guy who is confident and someone who is just an asshole. Obviously there is proper etiquette based on the circumstances.

If she meets up in person and says this won't work out, then you can politely say "I'm sorry you feel that way" and move on. Same with through text if it is early on.

If they string you along or it's after several dates and suddenly out of the blue they say this, then no, I don't have any motivation to be overly nice. There is a definite line between being overly nice, and just being confident and taking the high road.

Never burn bridges though, as you never know what could happen in the future and where your paths may cross.

-Dr. Ian Malcolm, Jurassic Park
Appreciate 5