View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 01:35 PM   #79
mffarrell
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 M550i Porsche 911 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalApex View Post
I finally got the update installed yesterday and will need to take some time to "write a review" if I can get around to it. But it does bring quote a few changes. I noticed the following on my 530e:

1. Maps has a lot less "options" when you hit "Nav" button in the iDrive controller area. It used to have an extensive list of options like "Contacts" and "GPS Coordinates" and the like and it now has a very condensed list of "Where to?", "Previous Destinations", and "Received Destinations".

2. The default color scheme is Comfort mode is back to Blue on the eDrive cars again. If memory serves me this was Blue originally and then grey after the November Update (except in Eco Pro mode) and it is now back to blue.

3. At least for me, the transmission shifts felt a lot smoother. I'll need more driving time with this one, but it felt a lot more smooth. It was a bit of a nice one because I had a 530i loaner while my car was updated and I mentioned to my wife that the only thing I liked was the transmission felt a bit smoother in its shifts (though it felt like it lags a lot compared to the 530e, but that's expected since electric eliminates the turbo spool up). So nice to see that was addressed, at least for me.

4. The personal assistant appeared to understand me a bit less, but that might just be due to new training and resetting it. I expect this will be normal soon enough. I do like the new animations for it though. Not major, but a nice touch.

5. I haven't tested CarPlay in the HUD yet, but will try that sometime this weekend to get an understanding of its limitations.

6. The max MPG reported under eDrive is no longer "99.9" and it is now "90". I don't know what that will mean in terms of my attempt to keep up with my eMiles. The car also doesn't seem to go immediately to "99.9" when regenerative braking so it may be leaving the ICE on a bit more than it was before to smooth out a bit? Will need to test more.

7. Another interesting thing I noticed is the max speed allowed for eDrive in Auto eDrive looks to have been upgraded quite a lot. Previously, the car would kick on the ICE if you were to exceed 65MPH unless you turned on Max eDrive which opened you up to 85MPH and ICE would kick if only if you hit kick down. That looks like it has been bumped up to 85 or 90MPH in Auto eDrive mode from the instrument cluster which is a nice change.
Thanks!

Looking forward to your review.
Appreciate 0