Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW 530xe

Garage List
2020 BMW 530xe  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by espensn View Post
Hi

I own a MY20 g30 (Nov. 19). I asked BMW NE via my brother that works at a BMW dealer in Norway if my car could get Android Auto. The reply was this:

Hi

Since the Info in May they updated it and now Android Auto is also available for ID7 cars with SP15.

This is the new information from the latest product update: Android Auto is also available in MGU (ID7) cars with SP15 as long as they have an ex-factory PU > 20-07 (e.g. X3/X4). Vehicles with MGU (ID7) and SP15 with an ex-factory PU < 20-07 can be retrofitted at the dealer.

Best,
X

--
BMW Group
Xxxx xxxx
I don't know what that means as I'm not sure what PU and etc exactly is....

But it sounds like they are saying the car needs something retrofitted to support AA on the update? What would the be retrofitting? SP18? My understanding is that isn't possible to retrofit...

Either way, I, and many others in this thread, have the July update installed on my MY2020 G30 w/ iDrive 7 and SP15. So it is possible without any retrofitting and just needs the dealer update installed. This is global as it has similarly been reported in China and other markets in addition to the US.
Appreciate 0