c1pher
Primo Generalissimo
United_States
Rep
Drives: All of them

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
May not be the perfect thread, but I think it has the right audience.

Anyone participate in ESPP? Mine offers 15% discount of market price with up to 10% salary investment (up to $20k/year). Latest dividend offering looks to be one share per 18.3 or something shares owned. As I understand it, the program automatically purchases quarterly and the 15% discount price is based of the average share price for that quarterly period.

Curious on other people's experiences. I've tossed 3% of my bi-weekly checks into the hat, but I have no experience with it. Figured I've recently gotten a 3% annual raise, so it will go unnoticed and hopefully prove to be worth more than the 3% provided. Company is doing well, so...why not?

...right?
On the surface an ESPP can sound risky or a good deal. As an employee, you may or may not have a sense of how well your company is doing. And by investing in a single company, you are losing the advantage of diversification. I have been in these programs for two defense companies and have done very well on them....in addition to other investments. However, I’m fairly senior and have a better understanding of what’s going on with a company than a typical employee may be. This gives you more confidence to know you will get a solid or higher than average return. For example, a regular employee will not be aware of an impending merger or acquisition. I’m those instances senior business members can be restricted from buying or selling company stock during those periods.
Appreciate 1
Rmtt8211.00