06-04-2020, 01:31 AM   #1089
cremem3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 E92 M3 ZCP • AW/FR

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlpineWhite_SJ View Post
Hard to answer not knowing the company, but yes, I generally recommend maxing this out if you can. Unless your company has crazy swings, you're getting an easy 15%.

But the real advantage you should look into is how they set the price and whether it locks for a period. That's where you can really make some money because you can get a two year lock on a low price even if the stock has risen significantly.

Let's say your subscription price is $50 and it's good for two years. Stock goes up to $100 you're still buying at 15% off the $50. On the other hand, if it went down to $45, your next buy would move to that new lower price and it'd be 15% off that.

If you believe in the company and it's executing well, you can make some serious cash. I've got some ESPP shares that were at $12 and currently trade around $350.
+1 to maxing out ESPP. It's free money. Been maxing out ESPP since 2 years ago and it's done well for me too. A 15% correction seems highly unlikely in the near term, unless management is shady.. but you should always diversify depending on your risk appetite (unless it's FAANGM stock). And wow that's crazy gains... congrats! Are you in tech?

Last edited by cremem3; 06-04-2020 at 01:38 AM..
Appreciate 1