vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin
Really ... why was that ? no traction control etc ?

How do you find the new motor then ?

The new 3 series saloon felt very stable to me .. and my test drive was during the worst of the storm which we all experienced last weekend .. so it certainly gave a good test of the cars wet weather abilities .. and it felt rock solid !

After the Zed, I am used to Rear wheel drive, but the BM felt so much sweeter and was light years ahead in terms of quality .. both inside and out.
Yep- no traction control meant being a little more careful in the winter.

The e90 is a lot better, holding onto the road under all conditions. It flies round corners a lot more easily than the 318is, especially with the larger 3l engine.
One of the 'little' things I love I about it is the way 'white van drivers' just get left behind whenever they try flooring it behind me.

A little bit cheeky of me, I know, but I can't help turning the xenons on & holding the screen washer on for a couple of secs- the headlight jets shoot some distance behind the car, soaking the dirty white van behind me!
Then he gets left behind & funnily, never tries coming anywhere close after that!

The best thing about the car, without a doubt, is the handling.
You just can't drive along curvy country roads like you can with a BMW. It's great for breaking-in the car over the first 1200 miles also.
I'm only at around 7k miles now & the engine is still getting smoother & smoother.

At night, I still get the odd monkey (no offence Paul- 1stnewcar!) flashing me as they come from the opposite direction, thinking I've got my full beam on- they wouldn't be able to see anything but sunlight if it was on!

When I test drove the car, I was lucky having it for a whole day, even though I ended up importing it from Germany.

I've got active steering on my car as well & here's a little story about it over the winter.

We were talking about the 'little things' about the car when we had the curry at the end of the UK1 meet day.
I think Paul (beauforty or 'beaufighter' as he is now known to us) ended up learning more about his new car than anyone else!

I'm sure you'll enjoy your car when you get it, Snake Pliskin.

Please sign up for the UK2 meet & we can all talk more 'e9x' at Donington.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0