01-25-2014, 03:10 PM   #46
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezmaass View Post
There's nothing wrong with good fuel economy, but a company that bills itself as the ultimate driving machine with sport inspired cars needs to have priorities. I'm sure they're offering these engines to meet regulatory guidelines to some degree. And it's technically interesting to see more power being made from smaller engines, but they're losing a lot of what makes the engine attractive to drivers. I don't like feeling a rough idle vibrating through my steering wheel or an engine that makes a tin-like "roar" when I stomp the gas. My wife's Q5 has Audi's T2.0 4 cylinder. It makes plenty of power, but there's no mistaking the lack of refinement in the delivery when you press the gas.

No thanks - I'll stick to 6 or 8 cylinders, or maybe a buttery all electric if I need to go green. But no high revving output leaf blowers for me!
well the article did say from 3 cylinders to 6 (or 8).... so no cause for concern... Some people will go for economy... others for smoky burnouts.

Amazing how people get so up in arms when the company is just tyring to INCREASE their appeal by making their product spread more versatile, or more appealing to a broader range of buyers. No one said they are ONLY going to make 3 cylinder motors.. How are their priorities " lost" ? I don't see a single word about them NOT continuing to bill themselves as, and make " ultimate driving machine with sport inspired cars "

The moment BMW suggest mention Sport and Economy (hey guess what - the terms are not mutually exclusive!) people just go into conniptions

DON"T TAKE AWAY MY FAVORITE !!
I WON'T BUY ANY MORE IF THEY DO "X" .
WAAAAH!!!
Etc etc... ... LOL.. Simma down ..

Last edited by M3 Adjuster; 01-25-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0