View Single Post
      07-21-2018, 08:15 AM   #67
Rotherd31
User Name
Rep
Drives: 2023 G83 BG/FR/ 963M wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freitaucher View Post
This was a lot of fun to read. I live over in the west Michigan area, but grew up in TC. M22 is such a wonderful road. In fact, there are so many phenomenal roads in the Traverse and Leelanau peninsula area, I don't know why I ever agreed to move away from there! Anyhow, congrats on the car. I actually placed an order for an M550xi back in May and will be doing the performance center delivery next month. It's been a tedious wait, but having never done a PCD, I figure it's worth it. . .besides, just builds the anticipation. Funny enough, I actually drove all the way to Lansing just to test drive the M550 since they were the only delearship within 3 hours that had one on the lot at the time. Spoke with the sales manager there who was quite nice and we had a fun chat about BMW and cars over the years. Unfortunately, he didn't think he'd be able to find an allocation in the short time frame I had to do the PCD which turned out to be a good thing as I was able to get a heck of a deal on my car shopping around.

Congrats again! (I drive to Lansing nearly every week so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for the M550xi. Surprisingly, I have only seen 1 M5 and no M550s at all on the entire west side of Michigan (few weekends in TC, Holland area, and weekly drives to Lansing).

Have fun!
Freitaucher
Small world Freitaucher! I grew up in TC too!
Appreciate 0